At The Closet Edition, we take organization seriously, because how you organize your home is a reflection of how you organize your life. Sharing life hacks on organizational methods is one way we can help you improve your physical space, while also helping improve your mental space too! Take a look at these home office hacks and see which ones suit your style and needs.
Make Your Space Productive
Productivity comes with being able to focus where focus is needed. Having a messy work environment has been proven to put a damper on one’s productivity by causing too much distraction. It also prevents you from being able to immediately access necessary tools or paperwork. Even though it may not seem like it, you probably have more space than you imagine! There’s a lot you can do to take advantage of that space and save yourself from chaos.
- Clean up the clutter and add a touch of personalized flair by using cereal boxes to create a one-of-a-kind drawer organizer. Decorate with colorful patterned paper to make it uniquely yours.
- Recycle cardboard boxes for storage, so you don’t have to spend a fortune on organization. Boxes are useful for storing just about anything. If they’re an integral part of your office space, you can give them a nifty paint job to incorporate them into your office décor.
- In the 21st century you have to deal with a lot of cords for all your tech gadgets. Use Velcro strips to connect a power strip to an inconspicuous and out-of-the-way area of your work desk.
- Have a lot of charging cables? Does your HDMI cable look just like your USB cable at first glance? Take less time searching through all the cords by using washi tape labels.
- Tap into your creativity and create a desktop organizer that matches your personality. Use materials you have at your disposal, such as empty paper towel rolls and some decorative paper to spruce up your space.
Declutter on the Daily
Decluttering your space is the physical embodiment of decluttering your mind. Typically, when you tidy up your workspace, you’ll feel tidier mentally. Organizing your thoughts, your priorities, and responsibilities daily is important for keeping yourself sane.
Take some time every day to put your things away by the end of each work session to symbolize letting go of your thoughts and concerns about work. Having a place for everything makes it much easier to remember to declutter, especially when you’ve customized your organizational space.
Get Custom Organization for Your Home Office from Our Design Experts
Your home office is a personal space you typically spend at least a third of your day in. Make your office a productivity-inducing haven with the help of our design team. We plan for all of your organization needs based on your requests and requirements, as well as give you some suggestions of our own to make your daily tasks easier to accomplish.
Don’t waste another minute looking for that missing tape dispenser! Resolve to be more productive in the new year and let us help you prepare to meet your goals. Call us today to schedule your home office revamp consultation.