At The Closet Edition, we’d like to think we know a thing or two about closet organization. After all, our expert designers create the best custom closets with truly beautiful details. Now that spring has rolled around, it’s time to clean your custom closet systems. Clutter can build up over the winter months, and springtime is the best time to give your closet a breath of fresh air. Having trouble getting started on your closet cleaning? Our expert closet designer in Boca Raton has put together some top tips for spring closet cleaning:
- Take everything out. If you’re serious about getting things clean this spring, you need to get dirty. Removing each and every item from your closet will help you approach your wardrobe seriously. You won’t want to put items you know you’re not keeping back into your closet after taking them all out of the space. Emptying your closet entirely helps make reorganization much easier.
- Ask questions. When you’re sorting through your clothing, belts, shoes and accessories, it’s hard not to get attached. But, you need to keep some important questions in mind as you’re cleaning. Does this really fit? Have I worn it within the last year? Is it in style? Do I feel confident when I wear this? Is it in good shape? If you answer no to any of these questions, it may be time to let it go.
- Organize your discards. There should be two main piles you put your unwanted items in: donate and toss. Some clothing may be perfect to donate to your local thrift store or outreach program. Just because it’s out of style doesn’t mean it’s out of commission! Even if you have stained or worn clothing, some animal shelters will happily accept these items for bedding.
- Use the hanger trick. When you’re hanging clothing back into your closet after your spring cleaning, put the hangers in backwards. As you wear and use the items during the coming months, flip the hangar back the right way. When you have items on hangars that are still backwards after 6 months or a year, it’s obvious these items aren’t in your normal rotation and should be removed.
- Bring in expert help. If you’re having trouble getting your closet organized, you can count on our experts for the best custom closet systems. After all, a custom closet can help make spring cleaning much easier!
When it comes to keeping your closet in great shape, our Boca Raton closet designers know that spring cleaning is absolutely necessary. At The Closet Edition, we’re here to help with the best closet organization. Looking for a great custom closet? Give us a call at (561) 241 – 3834.